July 15, 2014
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
PhotoVisions School Photography Co. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, PhotoVisions will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at on our store front window and also online at www.photovisions.ca
PhotoVisions will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
This training will be provided to staff during the first week of hiring
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- PhotoVisions plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the automatic door opener, ramp and hand rails.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing PhotoVisions goods and services area. What to do when photographing someone with a disability.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way PhotoVisions provides goods and services to people with disabilities can call us toll free at 1-866-882-0685 or email email@example.com
All feedback, including complaints, will be reviewed and responded to by the management or owner.
Customers can expect to hear back within one day.
Notice of availability
PhotoVisions will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by posting on our wedsite.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of PhotoVisions School Photography Co. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.